Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Specialty Brood Bitch ReDux (and Isabella)


Finally we were at the Big one, the ONE I REALLY wanted. Brood Bitch brought yet another rescue from toller friends. Shelly had to leave for the agility ring and I was looking for a handler for Isabella. Some friends were already committed to another entry, some had another ring to get to, but with a handful of friends that don’t show looking for someone to handle, several handlers were found and I thank you all! It meant more then you know.
Heather Green took Isabella and Kathy had Dux. Thank you Heather. I had Billie, so the Taz x Billie breeding returned to the ring. The entry was big, and as with stud dog, we had to split the entry. In the end, we returned and Judge Mills said she regretted having but one award for this class. She was giving me a LOT of eye contact when talking about the entry, so much so that I HAD to look away.
And then she pointed to me! I now had it, not just that Billie had taken Brood Bitch at a Canadian Specialty, but I now had a mother daughter team. Both Brood Bitch winners at a National Specialty. Jazz (Bernache’s All That Jazz) is already engraved on the trophy, from the last Halifax Specialty, And, as those older know, my only other trip to a Canadian National was my first ever National with my first ever toller in 1997 in the Kitchener area and that brought the honor of Winners Bitch and Best of Opposite to Jazz. So things had come full circle.

No comments: